Vegan Dessert: Chocolate Avocado Mousse
Looking for a vegan dessert? This Chocolate Avocado Mousse is delicious and it’s an easy vegan recipe to boot! Took me all of five minutes to prepare.
This vegan dessert is delicious! I discovered it on a wonderful website called GIMME SOME OVEN. The blogger, whose name is Ali, adapted the recipe from a cookbook coauthored by friends of hers. The cookbook is called Love and Lemons -how cute is that?
I personally have just started looking for easy vegan recipes because my nephew Leo and his girl Karina are vegans. So far I’ve been pretty lucky finding appetizers and main dishes, but not so much with vegan desserts. That is, until I found this one! An added bonus is the fact that it’s prepped in 5 minutes, making it a super easy vegan recipe to prepare.
Vegan Dessert – Delicious Chocolate Avocado Mousse
Makes Four (4) Servings
*To keep this a vegan dessert, be certain to use chocolate that is dairy-free. Also if you want to top it with a dollop of whipped cream, make one out of coconut milk.
- 4 oz of good quality baking chocolate, melted (I use 70% cocoa)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 2 avocados (make sure they are really ripe)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp real vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup real maple syrup
- kosher salt
- Place the melted chocolate, cocoa powder, avocados, cinnamon, vanilla, almond milk, maple syrup, and a pinch of salt in the bowl of a food processor
- Pulse until the mixture is creamy
- Scoop the mousse into 4 small dessert glasses or ramekins
- Chill for a minimum of 1 hour
- Top it with whipped cream and enjoy!
You can also add additional toppings. Try chocolate shavings, slivers of almond, berries, etc. Delicious!
This recipe was originaly published by the authors of LOVE & LEMONS on GIMME SOME OVEN. Be sure to head over there and check out their recipes!
Speaking of other recipes, have you tried our Chickpea Sandwich Spread? It’s quickly becoming another favorite!