Vegetarian Recipes: Cauliflower with Honey Garlic Sauce
Here’s a delicious vegetarian recipes for you from Kirbie’s Cravings.
Are you trying to eat vegetarian? I grew up on a produce farm, so I have always loved my veggies. But, to be honest, I’ve never considered living a vegetarian lifestyle. It’s only been recently that I’ve been cooking about 80% vegan/vegetarian.
My nephews girl made cauliflower “buffalo wings” that were so delicious I went surfing for more recipes using this adaptable veggie. We tried this vegetarian recipe for dinner the other night. I served it with rice and some fresh green beans. It’s definitely one I can easily get hooked on. Thanks Kirbie!!
HONEY GARLIC CAULIFLOWER (Vegetarian Recipe)
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups Japanese style breadcrumbs (Panko)
- olive oil cooking spray
- 2 scallions
FOR THE SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup honey
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 cup water + 4 tsp cornstarch
- 3 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper
- Separate the cauliflower into bite size florets
- Whisk eggs together in a medium bowl
- Finely slice the scallions
For the Cauliflower
- Spread Panko evenly onto a prepped baking sheet. Lightly coat with olive oil spray and bake until golden brown. (about 5-7 minutes)
- Dip cauliflower in egg. Shake a few times to get rid of excess egg misture.
- Roll each piece in the Panko. Press the crumbs gently in the cauliflower to make sure the crumbs stick. Place coated cauliflower on your second prepped baking sheet. Repeat until all pieces have been done.
- Place in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes. The coating should be a dark golden brown.
For the Sauce
Make your sauce while the cauliflower is baking.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a small saucepan combine the remaining sauce ingredients and bring to a gentle simmer. Stir for a few times until well mixed.
- Add the cornstarch mixture, stirring constantly until the sauce simmers.
- Cook sauce for an additional 2 minutes until it starts to thicken.
- Take off of the burner and allow it to sit for a few minutes to thicken a bit more.
- Drizzle over cauliflower, garnish with scallions and enjoy!
This recipe was curated from Kirbie’s Cravings. Be sure to visit their website for other delicious recipes!
If your looking for something a little “meatier” try the Black Bean Burger here.